Paypal has come up with a Privacy Statement that is posted to explain how we collect, retain, process, and transfer the personal data once you visit the websites or use the services. The privacy statement is available for the Paypal Buyer Protection site and services. The privacy statement that is applied to your personal data does not apply to the Personal data when you visit the sites or services and it does not include the websites or services that are not genuine to father information about the Paypal users.
It is important to understand that the privacy statement is designed to help the users so that they can obtain the information about the privacy practices and make you understand that there are certain privacy choices when you are using the sites and services. Please note that the services offerings may vary from one region to another. We, therefore, defined all the terms that we use throughout the privacy statement.
What personal data do we collect?
There is much personal information that is collected by us when the users visit the sites or avail our services, this information includes:
- Registration and use of the details transaction and experience information
- Send or request money.
- Add value to your account.
- Pay or request someone to pay the bill
- Information about friends and contacts
- Information about the user who avails the Paypal services
- Information you use to provide and obtain additional services.
- Relevant information about third-party sources.
- Suitable information we collect is related to the use of our sites or services.
Why do we access your personal data?
We access your personal data in order to fulfill the legal or regulatory obligations for business purposes. We may retain the personal data for longer periods rather than in need to follow the law in the legitimate business interests and not prohibited by law.
How do we use your personal data?
We might process the information for many of the reasons, as mentioned below:
- To operate the sites and provide the services.
- For managing the business needs.
- For managing the risk and protecting the sites, the services, and you from fraudulent activities.
- In order to market to you about the Paypal products and services.
- Provide the personalized services offered on the third-party website on the services.
- Just provide you the location-specific options and other offers.
- To meet the obligations and other services.
- Make it easier for you to find and connect to others.
- To respond to the requests of the customers.
How do we work with other services and platforms?
A significant benefit along with the innovation of PayPal services is that you can connect the account with the third-party account or platform. For the purposes of the privacy statement, there is an account connection with the third part connection that is authorized and enables the users to connect the account with the third party that will exchange the personal data and other information directly.
Once you visit the sites, just use the services or visit the third-party websites for which we provide the online services that we and our business partners may use with other tracking technologies to recognize you are the user and customize the user’s experiences along with the services you use that affect the promotions and performance analytics along with mitigating risk a potential fraud and promote the trust and safety across the sites. You can review the statement on cookies and tracking technologies and learn how we can access the information by using cookies.
What Privacy Choices Are Available To You?
There are many choices you have when it comes to opting for privacy practices and communications in the privacy statement. There are many of the unique choices that are explained at the time you sign up to use a service for your site. You might be provided with suitable instructions and prompts with the experiences as you navigate are services. Here are some of the services you get:
- The typical choice is related to the personal information that we collect.
- Choices that are related to the use of personal data.
- Choices made for the account corrections.
- Choices related to the cookies.
- Selections related to the registration and account information.
- Selections related to communication, notices, alerts, and updates.
How do we protect your data?
We maintain the technical, physical, and admin security measures that are designed to provide reasonable protection for the personal data against the loss, misuse, disclosure, and alteration. Remember, the security measures include firewalls, data encryption, physical access, and information access authorization controls.
Can children use our services?
The sites and services are not directed to children under the age of 13 years. We do not collect the information that includes the personal data from the children or the other individuals who are not able to use the sites and services.
What are the changes done to the privacy statement?
We may revise the privacy statement from time to time that reflects the changes made to the business and the sites or services along with applicable laws. The revised privacy statement will be effective as the published effective date.
How to Contact us?
You can contact us if you have general queries related to the Privacy Statement and practices or the questions about your account information or personal data. You can contact us about the Pay pal and the Xoom account.
The information that is provided in this section may be specific to the customers depending upon the region or how to use the services. This information is provided on PayPal from the third parties with whom you wish to interact while using the services.